TERMS & CONDITIONS
FACE-TO-FACE / IN-STUDIO / ONLINE LIVE STREAMING / VIRTUAL AND PRE-RECORDED CLASSES
BOOKINGS / FEES POLICY:
1) All bookings will be dealt with in order of receipt. Class sizes limited, first in best dressed.
Please join Hype Dance Co a minimum of 24 hours prior to your first class to allow your membership to be activated and administration purposes.
2) Hype Dance Co accepts payments online via PayPal.
All prices are in Australian Dollars AUD unless otherwise specified. Payments are billed monthly pro rata based on annual 12 months / 52 weeks.
Except for 1 x Casual Class Pass, 1 x Casual Private Lesson, and 1 x Class Pass Creative Kids or Active Kids Vouchers which are one-off payment only.
3) The membership registration form and fees payment must be received in full before participation in any class. If fees have not been received, participation and class access will be denied.
4) By making a purchase on the Hype Dance Co site you agree and are confirming that;
- You are fully entitled to use the valid payment card, payment type or account to pay for your order or recurring subscription and that you have sufficient funds on your payment card or account to cover the goods and services payments.
- You authorise Hype Dance Co to charge you at the current rate on a monthly basis in accordance with the payment terms for your selected membership level / subscription.
- Your monthly “Billing Cycle” begins on the date that you register for your Membership and will be renewed on the same date each month.
- If your payment or recurring subscription is declined you may incur additional fees and charges.
- You may cancel your classes / subscription any time after the initial commitment term based on the class pass or subscription you selected. 14 days notice is required prior to your next Billing Cycle or one more months full Billing Cycle will be debited before cancellation. Please email your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Creative Kids $100 Vouchers (NSW only) can be accepted for face-to-face and online live / virtual classes. Active Kids $100 Vouchers (NSW only) can be accepted for face-to-face classes only. Please enter your voucher details upon registration including participants name as it appears on your voucher, DOB and voucher number. For multiple classes using a Creative Kids or Active Kids Voucher please select one of our 10 week voucher programs and register separately for any other class. Only one voucher per child permitted to be used at any given time.
6) Refunds will NOT be given under any circumstances (this includes change of mind, missed classes, extended holidays and any cost associated with participation). If you wish to change the class you have chosen or your schedule has changed, you have the option to transfer to another class provided there is a vacancy in your correct age group. Memberships can not be shared or transferred to another party. Any changes are at managements discretion. Please email email@example.com to request a change. No make-up classes offered. If you choose to cancel your membership due to upcoming events or change in circumstances, you are welcome to re-join at any time or purchase a casual class pass provided there is availability.
7) Private Lessons are charged at an individual separate rate and can not form part of any advertised packages offered by Hype Dance Co. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements, availability and prices. Private lessons can be taken as Solo, Duo, Trio or Private group.
8) In the event a student can not attend class face-to-face for any reason and including being required to isolate or limit socialising due to Covid-19 or symptoms, or in the event of lockdowns or restrictions, you have the option to ZOOM in and participate virtually from home or wherever you may be at such time via our Dance Class Online platform. To ZOOM in to class you will need a stable internet connection, a device such as a laptop, desktop PC, iPad or mobile phone and a clear quiet space. Ensure you have the correct class times, all classes run via current Sydney, Australia time zone. 24hrs notice must be given by emailing email@example.com if you wish to ZOOM in so we can provide the class link in a timely manner.
9) There are NO compulsory expensive uniforms at Hype Dance Co. You can wear your own dance attire and ballerina tutu’s (or boys dance dude outfits) or simply clothes that are comfortable and suitable to dance in. Clothes must not be revealing, baggy or inappropriate. Hype has some studio uniform items available to purchase (subject to availability) if you choose this option. Footwear: Ensure you are wearing suitable footwear such as joggers / trainers or you can choose to purchase your own Ballet or Jazz shoes at a dance store near you or online. Please note, no bare feet, socks, sandals, school shoes, jiffies, crocs or thongs permitted to be worn in any class. Shoes must be the correct size, fully enclosed and properly fitted. Must not be too big or too small as it reduces the dancer’s ability in class and may increase the risk of injury. For dance shoe brands etc. inquire within.
10) Parents/Guardians are strictly required to drop off and pick up students on time. Students will be supervised by Hype Dance Co during class time only. Any change of contact details (e.g.- phone / address) must be supplied to the studio immediately and updated on your online account. If someone other than the nominated parent/Guardian is collecting a child from the studio, Hype Dance Co must be pre-informed.
11) All in-studio and face-to-face classes at Hype Dance Co are simultaneously online live streamed via our Dance Class Online platform / virtual dance school on ZOOM or the likes. Therefore, by participation in any class at Hype Dance Co you give permission and agree to the Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer for Online Live Streaming / Virtual and Pre-Recorded Classes.
MUMMY & ME DANCE CLASS:
12) Any student or participant that participates in a Mummy & Me Dance Class, confirms that each individual person/s participating has read, agrees to and adheres to the Disclaimer for Face-to-Face / In-Studio / Online Live Streaming / Virtual and Pre-Recorded Classes and all Terms & Conditions. By participating in the Mummy & Me Dance Class, all participants confirm they have sufficient suitability to participate.
13) Hype Dance Co reserves the right to cancel a participant’s tuition / membership / online classes due to breaking studio rules including the online live streaming / virtual and pre-recorded classes disclaimer, disruptive and disrespectful behaviour by child, student, participant or parent / guardian, anyone who is found promoting other business’s or services within the studio / virtual environment, non-compliance of Covid-19 current government and studio rules and restrictions or failure to pay any tuition costs or any other fees payable.
14) Hype Dance Co reserves the right to send you pre-recorded classes in lieu of face-to-face or online live streamed classes in the event of unforeseen circumstances or NSW public holidays. All memberships will be frozen and you will not be charged when Hype Dance Co closes for a period of time over the Christmas / New Year (Australian) holidays or any other period of time. Exact closure dates to be advised in due course.
15) These rules are a combination of studio and premises rules for your safety and created to promote a healthy and fair learning environment.
By enrolling at Hype Dance Co you agree to these rules, terms and conditions:
- Hype Dance Co is a nut free zone, absolutely NOTHING containing NUTS is to be brought into the studio.
- ALWAYS make sure your child has a bottle of cold water with them to last for all their classes.
- No one is permitted to enter the studio without a teacher. Please wait outside of your classroom for your teacher to attend to you. No parents are permitted to enter the classroom at any time.
- NO gum is to be consumed in the studio.
- All rubbish is to be disposed of in the bins either provided or outside the studios.
- No food is to be consumed in the dance room.
- No smoking in or around the studios
- Hype Dance Co will not tolerate bullying of any kind from any student or parent.
- Parents & Siblings are NOT permitted in the classroom while class is being conducted.
- Parents will be required to cover costs due to damage of studio property caused by their child.
- Students will be supervised during class time only.
- Students must be dropped off and picked up on time.
- No jewellery is to be worn in class. No dangly or hoop earrings, studs only permitted in ears to ensure safety for all dancers.
- Whilst on/around the studio premises or in your HYPE uniform students must behave appropriately and be presentable always.
- All persons in the waiting rooms are asked to please keep noise to a minimum whilst classes are in progress.
- No Photos or Videos to be taken on the studio premises without prior permission from management.
TALENT RELEASE / PROPERTY / COPYRIGHT:
16) I give permission to Hype Dance Co to photograph / video tape my child during performances and classes and any other event, and also use any student’s photos or videos for promotional use. I understand and agree that all choreography and altered music is the property of Hype Dance Co, If a student wishes to use the studios choreography or music in any exhibits, shows, talent shows or the like, Permission must be granted in writing by the principal Miss Rebecca only.
17) I understand that dancing is a physical activity, and as such I realise there is a risk of injury involved, therefore Hype Dance Co will not be held responsible in such case (this includes all styles and all classes offered at Hype Dance Co). I also understand to provide sufficient dance tuition it is necessary for dance teachers to guide students’ movement, which may require physical contact.
COVID SAFE POLICY:
18) As a condition of your enrolment and participation in any class at Hype Dance Co you confirm you have read and agree to abide by and follow the Hype Dance Co COVID SAFE POLICY. Click to view the 2022 COVID SAFE POLICY.
19) Hype Dance Co reserves the right to alter the advertised program, face-to-face classes, online live streamed / virtual or pre-recorded classes, online platform, timetable, merchandise, facilities, fees schedule and teachers without prior notice at any time throughout the year. Dance Class Online also reserves the right to refuse an enrolment or participant at the discretion of management. The information in this and any other printed or electronic brochure / notice was correct at the time of printing or being placed online.
DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT:
20) Hype Dance Co holds information about our customers to enable us to carry out our business. This information includes the contact details you supply to us and student record information. We will not disclose your information to third parties outside Hype Dance Co except where the law allows or requires or where you have given your permission to do so. We may from time to time contact you regarding our products and services via email, SMS, phone, online or other means of communication.
ONLINE LIVE STREAMING / VIRTUAL AND PRE-RECORDED CLASSES
By participating in any online live streaming / virtual class or pre-recorded classes at Hype Dance Co or Dance Class Online you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
This disclaimer and online class waiver refers to all online live streaming / virtual and pre-recorded classes offered by Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online and includes all participants, child, student, parent / guardian and any person participating in any class or visible on screen.
1) Your child, the student or any participant has permission from their parent / guardian to participate in Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online live streamed, virtual or pre-recorded classes and whilst class is being conducted only the student or participant is permitted to be visible on the screen.
2) By participating you confirm and ensure the participant has a suitable, NON-slip floor space appropriate and adequate to dance on, with at least two metres clear space around you, is clear of any objects or spills and with no obstructions. You must have any pets or young siblings in another space to avoid sudden tripping hazards. And the use of weapons of any description is strictly prohibited.
3) The parent / guardian is responsible at all times for the participant for the duration of the online live streamed / virtual and pre-recorded classes. Although your teacher may be able to see you, it is not the same as a live, in person face to face / in studio class and the safety of your space, environment, surroundings and movements is solely your responsibility.
4) By participating you are confirming the participant does not have or suspect they may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains.
5) Your child, the student or any participant participates in these online live streamed / virtual and pre-recorded dance classes at their own risk. You acknowledge and understand that dance is a physical activity and as such there may be a risk of injury involved, therefore Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online will not be held responsible in any case for loss, damage or injury arising from participation. This includes all activities, dance styles and all classes including in person face to face or online live streamed / virtual or pre-recorded classes offered by Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online.
6) All online live streamed / virtual classes are being closely monitored by Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online and have strict safety procedures in place. All classes and sessions will be recorded, archived and retained for insurance and child safety purposes.
7) You give permission to Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online to photograph and record all online live streamed / virtual and face to face classes and use for media and promotional purposes. I understand and agree that all material including online live streamed / virtual and pre-recorded classes are copyright and any sharing, or third-party recordings or photos are strictly prohibited.
8) The sharing of class links, invitations and any passwords is strictly prohibited.
9) That, where possible, you will ensure webcams or the device that you are using are located in a communal space such as a living room, rather than a bedroom. If the only private space available is a bedroom or similar the parent / guardian will commit to keeping the door open and/or an adult will stay present for the class.
10) You will ensure that the participant is wearing appropriate clothing / attire and footwear suitable for dance and is in no way revealing or inappropriate. Absolutely no baggy nor revealing clothes permitted. Hair must be tied up or in a bun for ballet classes.
11) It is the parent / guardian and participants responsibility to cease participation if an exercise or action causes sharp or sudden pain and your responsibility to apply first aid and seek necessary help. Because of the online format your actions are unsupervised by your teacher, therefore it is your responsibility to make your own judgements for the participants health and well being.
12) Try to set up your screen / device so that it is at, or close to, eye height, and near enough to see the teacher clearly. Ensure you have the volume set high so that you can hear the instructions. If possible be lit from in front rather than behind, e.g. close curtains if dancing in front of a window. Make sure your device isn’t in danger of being knocked.
13) You will not be permitted to join the online class after the official scheduled class start time, as it is essential for all participants to participate in the warm-up exercises at the start of the online classes and to minimise class disruptions for all participants. Please be ready and enter the online waiting room ten (10) minutes before your class start time. In the event you do not attend on time you will forfeit your class.
14) Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online reserves the right to alter the advertised program, online live streamed / virtual or pre-recorded classes, online platform, timetable, merchandise, facilities, fees schedule and teachers without prior notice at any time throughout the year. Hype Dance Co and Dance Class Online also reserves the right to refuse an enrolment or participant at the discretion of management. The information in this and any other printed or electronic brochure / notice was correct at the time of printing or being placed online.